Join our warm, lively community! Jul 15, 2015 14:18:23 GMT 9
Post by Adam Beck on Jul 15, 2015 14:18:23 GMT 9
Hi! I'm Adam Beck, the founder of Bilingual Monkeys and The Bilingual Zoo and the author of Maximize Your Child's Bilingual Ability. You're invited to join me and hundreds of other parents, from all over the world, in this warm, lively community for "keepers" of bilingual and multilingual kids.
What are the benefits of membership?
You don’t have to become a member to access The Bilingual Zoo and read the content on the forum boards. The intent of the site is to be helpful to all, whether members or guests.
However, registering for an account, and becoming an active member, offers a number of important benefits.
You will no longer be alone on your journey. You can be part of a helpful worldwide community of parents raising bilingual and multilingual children.
As a member, you will be able to make posts to the forum. (Guests can read posts, but cannot make posts.)
- You can ask questions and receive support from others.
- You can exchange useful strategies, ideas, and resources.
- You can find friends, near or far, who share your same circumstances or difficulties.
- You can respond to others with advice and encouragement.
- You can fortify your efforts and fuel your progress by using the empowering Track Your Progress board to share your experience and gain feedback and encouragement.
- You can take part in "challenges," at the Take a Challenge board, that will strengthen your knowledge, skills, and actions.
- You can grow more mindful and proactive by writing regularly about your bilingual journey (as I explain in Do This One Simple Thing and I Guarantee You Greater Success On Your Bilingual Journey).
In addition to making posts on the forum boards, members of the Bilingual Zoo community are able to send “private messages” to each other, a powerful feature for networking and support.
Sounds good, Adam, but what does it cost?
Membership in this community—and all the benefits it brings—is free. All I ask is that you consider lending your support in these two ways:
1. Please support this site—and get special rewards in return—through my Patreon page. Your Patreon support will not only help me to sustain The Bilingual Zoo, it will enable me to carry out a new book project—as well as the rest of my work—more smoothly and successfully.
2. Please buy copies of my two books, whether for you or for a friend (or school or library). And please share your impressions of these books through online reviews, social networking, and word-of-mouth. Again, your kind support will not only help sustain this site, it will help advance the rest of my work, too.
Maximize Your Child's Bilingual Ability: Ideas and inspiration for even greater success and joy raising bilingual kids
The uniquely empowering guidebook for raising bilingual and multilingual children, praised worldwide by parents, teachers, and leaders in the field.
“Who but Adam Beck can tie together the complexities of raising a bilingual child with such wisdom, warmth, and wit?" —Christine Jernigan, PhD in foreign language education and author of Family Language Learning
“A pure gem! Adam Beck has created a truly wonderful and easily readable book that parents everywhere will enjoy and that bilingual families and children will benefit from.” —Dr. Annick De Houwer, leading researcher of child bilingualism and author of Bilingual First Language Acquisition
"I have recommended it often to parents raising bilingual children. Without fail, their reaction is ‘Thank you. This is exactly what I need.’” —Jennifer Brunk, longtime educator and founder of the popular site Spanish Playground
How I Lost My Ear
A funny, fast-moving novel in the spirit of Roald Dahl, with 136 lively illustrations by Simon Farrow. An entertaining page-turner for both children and adults, to read alone or read aloud.
“Brilliant…an extraordinary imaginative achievement, utterly delightful, and a pleasure from start to finish. One minute it’s laugh out loud stuff, the next it’s heart in the mouth tension, and then it can be suddenly rather moving… It is wonderful, wonderful stuff.” —Andrew Norriss, children’s author and winner of the Whitbread Award for Aquila
“Powerful, whimsical, and utterly hilarious. It reminds me of the best of Roald Dahl with a little bit of J.D. Salinger thrown in. You will love this book!” —Josh Selig, Emmy Award-winning creator of The Wonder Pets on Nickelodeon
“Wackiness that I love, and done so well. Such an enjoyable book.” —Bill Harley, Grammy-winning children’s musician, storyteller, and author of the popular Charlie Bumpers series
Thank you for your support!
Adam, okay, I'm ready to join!
Great! Just register for an account, read the Forum Goals & Guidelines, and complete your Profile by following the instructions in the "welcome message" you’ll receive here. Once your Profile is ready, you can begin posting to the forum boards. (NOTE: Please read the "welcome message" and complete your Profile before you make your first post.)
Thanks again! See you inside the gates!