Post by Adam Beck on Jun 15, 2014 5:35:02 GMT 9
Please take a moment to read this important information carefully. This information is essential to the success of your participation, and The Bilingual Zoo community as a whole.
Goals for this forum
1. To create a friendly online community where parents raising bilingual children, who often feel alone on this journey, can find kinship and support.
2. To provide a lively, respectful venue for interaction, where parents and teachers of bilingual children can share their experiences, challenges, ideas, and resources.
3. To maintain this forum as a free service for all.
Guidelines for this forum
To fulfill the above goals, the following guidelines have been established. In using this forum, you agree to abide by these guidelines.
1. Visitors are welcome to browse this forum, but only members--those who have registered for a free account--are able to post to the public boards or send private messages (PM). Only one account is allowed per person.
2. You must use your real name (for your Display Name, found under your Profile). You can use your first name (like "Adam"), or your full name (like "Adam Beck"), or your first name and the first initial of your last name ("Adam B"). The use of real names, rather than pseudonyms, has been proven to result in more polite and respectful forum discussions. However, if you have a valid reason for wanting to use an alias, exceptions are possible. But you must contact forum staff directly to make this request. Do not begin posting to this forum with an unapproved alias.
3. Using a real picture of yourself (for your Avatar, found under your Profile) is obviously best and is strongly encouraged. If using your real image is a concern, a cartoon image created with the built-in Avatar Maker is acceptable.
4. While this forum is offered as a free service, there are costs involved in maintaining it. To help cover these costs, please consider buying a copy of Adam Beck's book Maximize Your Child's Bilingual Ability. Proceeds from sales of this book go toward sustaining our community. (Plus, it's an empowering book and praised by parents worldwide!)
5. This is a civil and supportive community. Be polite and respectful at all times. Any rudeness or personal attacks, either on a public board or through a private message, will be dealt with swiftly and strongly. Please be kind to one another so this sort of unnecessary unpleasantness can be avoided.
6. The main language for this forum is English. English should be used in all posts made to the boards. Other languages can be used when sending private messages to individual members.
7. The level of English ability among members will vary, and that's perfectly okay. However, everyone should make a good habit of proofreading posts carefully before submitting them so the text is clear and easy to read. Do not type your thoughts and submit them without checking what you wrote.
8. Write full sentences, with capital letters at the start of your sentences and for all proper nouns (like names of countries and languages) and periods (or other punctuation) at the end. AND DO NOT USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. To the reader, it feels like shouting.
9. It's fine to share helpful resources in your posts, and include links to those products, services, or websites, but spamming will not be tolerated. If the same product, service, or website is repeatedly recommended, those posts will be removed.
10. The use of a signature (found under your Profile) for your posts is permitted, but the signature must be brief and should not include images.
11. Forum staff reserve the right to edit or remove posts that are deemed inappropriate, without notice. We also reserve the right to edit, close, move, or remove any thread on this forum.
12. Any inappropriate language or behavior that violates the standards of this community, as determined by forum staff, will be dealt with swiftly and strongly. Serious or repeated infractions may result in a suspension or ban.
13. Please report any objectionable content that is not caught by forum staff so it can be handled promptly.
14. All posts and private messages express the personal views of the author and are the sole responsibility of that individual. Forum staff will not be held responsible, in any way, for content created by members, nor will we accept liability for any loss or damages resulting from information or opinions put forward on this website.
15. Users accept personal responsibility for their participation in this forum and in following links to external websites. Forum staff will not be held responsible, nor liable, for any loss or damages resulting from a user's actions on this website or on external websites.
16. Users also accept personal responsibility for their actions in networking with others. Forum staff will not be held responsible, nor liable, for any negative repercussions that may arise from networking actions taken by users of this forum, whether online or offline. Prudence is advised.
17. Questions or comments about actions and decisions regarding this forum should be handled privately by contacting forum staff. Do not post objections or complaints on a public board.
18. Certain areas of this site may be accessible only to forum staff or authorized members.
19. While these guidelines are intended to cover most situations, they cannot anticipate all matters that may arise. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions deemed appropriate to ensure that this forum is not disrupted or abused in any way.
20. These guidelines may be modified or updated, at any time, in line with the evolving needs of this community.
Your email address and personal information will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent unless we are required to do so by law. At the same time, you are advised to adjust the privacy options for your email address and personal information (found under your Profile) in keeping with your level of comfort. Forum staff will not be held responsible for any data that is disclosed, nor any loss or damages incurred, if you neglect to adjust the privacy options of your account.